History of the Department:
The Department of Sociology was set up in the year 2006. Since then it has been continuously progressing and has achieved excellence in teaching and in other extra curricular activities. This subject is very popular among the students. The department offers intermediate, B.A, M.A and also going to start B.A (Hons.) in Sociology. The department boasts of having highly qualified and experienced faculty. The students are scoring very high percentage in this subject and they have being performing excellent 100% results. The department has also organized National seminars, workshops, conferences and skill development programs for the progression of students. At present more than 550 students from different parts of the state have been enrolled for the course of Bachelor of Arts and Masters of Sociology. Since 2006, increasing number of students in the department, under the headship of Dr. Bali Bahadur shows that the Sociology is gaining popularity among the students as well as the people of this area.
Department has also started Guru Nanak Sociological Society in which more than 100 students become the member of the society.
Department has also started Centre for the coaching of Competitive exams in order to help the students to achieve their goals.
Dr. Bali Bahadur : (HOD)
Specialization :Subaltern Studies,Indian Diaspora,Human Right Issues
Designation :Head & Assistant Professor in Sociology
Qualification :MA Sociology, NET, PhD
Ms. Navneet Kaur
Ms. Amanpreet Kaur
Specialization :Gender Issues, Sociology of Entrepreneurship
Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification :M.A., UGC-NET PhD (Pursuing)
Recent Department Activities:
1. Department has organized Ten day workshop in Research Methodology in Social Sciences for Ph.D students, sponsored by Indian National Council Of Social Sciences Research (ICSSR), New Delhi in Guru Nanak College For Girls, Sri Muktsar Sahib from 21st march 2015 to 30th march 2015.
2. Dept. has organized one day educational trip to Bathinda for M.A students on 7 march 2015
3. Dept. has also organized five days educational tour for students from 16 oct2015 to 21 Oct 2015 to Kullu, Manali, Rohtang, Sri Manikaran Sahib and Sri Ravalsar Sahib.
4. M.A. students of Sociology also visited to the Book Fair held at Government Barjindra College, Faridkot on 21st Sept. 2016.
5. Dept. has also organized field survey in Kotli Devan Village of Dist. Muktsar for M.A students in order to learn and develop research skills on 23rd Sept. 2016.
6. In the memory of Late Sr. Jagjit Singh Sidhu former Additional Secretary of Local Managing Committee, the department of sociology with collaboration of Red Ribbon Club organized 1st Voluntary Blood Donation and General Medical Checkup camp on 20 March 2017.Students, Faculty and people of this area donated 125 units of blood in the camp.
University Position Holders
SESSION 2015-16 (Sem-II)
SESSION 2015-16 (Sem-IV)
Tibbi Sahib Road, Sri Muktsar Sahib,PIN : 152026PHONE : 01633 260229
Designed By AniWebDesigns