History of department.
Today’s world is fashion world. Each and everything affected by fashion. Fashion Designing is one of the important professions today. This course was starting in 2006 as Add-on- course. With the changing times the Graduate programme in the discipline was introduced in the year 2009, the educational institutions have taken the responsibility to train our young girls in fashion designing and developing entrepreneur skills for future time. It is the theory and practical training course., Fashion Designing is very interesting subject for girls. It is a job oriented course & self employment course. Department of fashion designing, every year organizes workshop, fashion show, extension lecture, industrial visit and industrial training for students.
Mrs. Seema Rani
Specialization :Clothing & Textile
Designation :Head & Assistant Professor in Fashion Designing
Mrs. Rupinder Kaur
Designation :Assistant Professor in Fashion Designing
Mrs. Ruhi Khurana
Specialization :Fashion Designing
Mrs. Karamjit Kaur
Ms. Ramandeep Kaur
Ms. Lakhbir Kaur
Add On Course in Fashion Designing
Achievements of the department
1. Organized “Fashion Glam 2015-16” on 23 Sep, 2015.
1. Organized “Creative Arts Workshop” for students in association with Pidilite industry ltd. from 10- 14 August 2010.
2. Organized workshop on “Batik and Tie and dye” on 13-14 oct. 2011.
3. Organized workshop on “Block and Screen printing” on 20 oct. 2012.
4. Organized workshop on “Adda Embroidery ” by the expert from Seo Lehenga House. Jagraon in 2012.
5. Organized workshop on “Macrame ”in 1st oct. 2014.
1. Organized exhibition cum sale on Punjabi suit on the occasion of “teeyan teej diyan” in august 2010.
2. Organized exhibition cum sale on Batik, Printing and “Tie and Dye” on 11 Nov. 2011.
3. Organized exhibition on Block and Screen Printing on 11 Feb. 2013.
4. Organized exhibition on “home Décor ”on 9 nov. 2015.
1. Extention Lecture on Handicrafts, speacially on fulkari on 18 Nov. 2014, delieverd by Dr. Anu Gupta, assist. Professor, NIFT, Chandigarh.
1. Organized an industrial visit on 12th feb 2011 in summit export, Ludhiana.
2. Organized an industrial visit on 3rd march 2012 in Nagesh Knitwear, Ludhiana.
3. Organized an industrial visit on 28 oct 2014 in Vardhman, Bathinda.
4. Organized an industrial visit on 27 Feb 2016 in Superfine Knitters, Ludhiana.
1. Organized Educational tour to Delhi and Agra to visit Musiam and Research on Muglas, in Oct 2013.
2. Organized Educational tour to Anandpur sahib and Naina Devi in 4-6Nov. 2016.
Tibbi Sahib Road, Sri Muktsar Sahib,PIN : 152026PHONE : 01633 260229
Designed By AniWebDesigns