The department was established in the college during the session 2008-09. At that time, the courses of Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Business Administration were started. The BBA program was started keeping in view the growing need of management graduates in the Industry. Going by the trends of employment as per data available on various job portals like www.naukri.com, www.shine.com, etc. the requirement for skilled graduates in functional areas of management i.e Marketing , Finance, HRM , International Business ( Export Import) , Operations Management ( Hospital and Healthcare Management ) and Information Technology is increasing and a lot of job opportunities are available in these areas for fresh graduates also across major cities and even smaller towns . Since its inception, the department has undertaken a number of activities for the academic and overall development of the students like holding seminars, organizing extension lectures and workshops within the college campus and outbound activities like visits to various Industries across different sectors in manufacturing . The department has also arranged visits to industrial areas, banks and financial institutions so as to increase the practical knowledge of the students. The department has well qualified faculty which regularly gets its knowledge updated through reading journals, newspapers, books and by attending seminars and conferences at national and international level. The department is providing every possible support to the students for their growth and development.
- Extension lecture on Career opportunities in Commerce and Management is organized on 16th Dec 2011. Resource person was Dr Neeru Garg
- Organized extension lecture on “Enhancing Knowledge and Awareness about Chartered Accountancy Profession in Nov 2011. Resource Person was Mr Sumedh Baghla and Mrs Preeti Baghla.
- Organized extension lecture on “Enhancing Knowledge and Awareness about Chartered Accountancy Profession in Nov 2011. Resource Person was Mr Sumedh Baghla and Mrs Preeti Baghla
- 5. Organized one day Extension lecture on “Career guidance on C.A & C.S” on 3 rd M arch 2016. The resource person was Mr.Ratish, Mrs. Kavita and Ms. Zeena.
- Workshop on competitive exams is organised from 22nd Feb 2013 to 4rth March 2013 . The resource person was Mr Neeraj Setia and their faculty members from APEX Institute Bathinda.
- Workshop on competitive exams is organised from 10th Feb 2014 to 17th Feb 2014 . The resource person was Mr Neeraj Setia and their faculty members from APEX Institute Bathinda
- Workshop on competitive exams is organised from 2nd Feb 2015 to 8th Feb 2015 . The resource person was Mr Neeraj Setia and their faculty members from APEX Institute Bathinda
- Organised a 10 days workshop on “Relevance of Theatre” . Resource person was Mr Manjul Bhardwaj.
- Organized one week workshop on “Competitive exams”. The resource person was Mr. Neeraj Setia, director of Setia competition classes. Other resource persons are Mr. loveneesh, Mr.Neeraj setia, Mr.Anish, Mr. Ambarpal Singh,Mr.Rohit Sharma. Workshop was conducted from 16 th Feb 2016 to 23 rd Feb 2016..
- Organised a seminar on” Measuring and Managing Managerial Performance” on march 13 , 2010. The resource person was Dr Dharmender Singh Ubha and Dr RK Uppal.
- Bank Visit to Yes Bank and HDFC Bank on 14 Sept 2011.
- Industrial Visit to Setia Paper Mill on 28 Sept Industrial visit at Super Fine Industries, Ludhiana on 27 th Feb 20162011.
- Organized one day “Educational Tour” at Nanaksar Gurudwara at Jagraon on 27 th Feb 2016.
Name of the Program/Course: Bachelor of Business Administration
1.Human resource management.
Special Achievements of the department
Special award or achievement by the students:
- Simranjot Kaur of BBA 1st Year ( 2011-12) participated in essay writing competition at Interzonal Youth Festival and won first prize.
- Ramandeep Kaur of BBA 1st Year ( 2015-16) participated in skit at Zonal Youth festival and won second position..
- Amarpreet of BBA 2nd year won third prize in Poem Recitation in 2015-16 at Zonal Level