History of department
Today’s world is fashion world. Each and everything is affected by fashion. Fashion Designing is one of the important professions today. The course was started in 2006 as Add-on- course. With the changing times the Graduate programme in the discipline was introduced in the year 2009, the educational institution have taken the responsibility to train our young mind in fashion designing and developing entrepreneur skills for future time. It is the theory and practical training course., Fashion Designing is very interesting subject for girls. It is a job oriented course & self employment course. Department of fashion designing, every year organizes workshop, fashion show, extension lecture, industrial visit and industrial training for students.
|Name of course||No of Seats||Eligibilty|
|M.Sc (Fashion Designign)||20||B.Sc(F.D) with 50 %|
|B.Sc. Fashion designing (3 yr Degree Course)||40||+2 with 50% marks of any stream|
|Post Graduate Diploma in fashion Designing||15||Graduation with 50 percent marks|
Additional Courses offered by the Department
Add On Course in Fashion Designing
- Certificate course
- Diploma Course
- Advance Diploma Course
Achievements of the department
1. Organized “Fashion Glam 2015-16” on 23 Sep, 2015.
1. Organized “Creative Arts Workshop” for students in association with Pidilite industry ltd. from 10- 14 August 2010.
2. Organized workshop on “Batik and Tie and dye” on 13-14 oct. 2011.
3. Organized workshop on “Block and Screen printing” on 20 oct. 2012.
4. Organized workshop on “Adda Embroidery ” by the expert from Seo Lehenga House. Jagraon in 2012.
5. Organized workshop on “Macrame ”in 1st oct. 2014.
1. Organized exhibition cum sale on Punjabi suit on the occasion of “teeyan teej diyan” in august 2010.
2. Organized exhibition cum sale on Batik, Printing and “Tie and Dye” on 11 Nov. 2011.
3. Organized exhibition on Block and Screen Printing on 11 Feb. 2013.
4. Organized exhibition on “home Décor ”on 9 nov. 2015.
1. Extention Lecture on Handicrafts, speacially on fulkari on 18 Nov. 2014, delieverd by Dr. Anu Gupta, assist. Professor, NIFT, Chandigarh.
1. Organized an industrial visit on 12th feb 2011 in summit export, Ludhiana.
2. Organized an industrial visit on 3rd march 2012 in Nagesh Knitwear, Ludhiana.
3. Organized an industrial visit on 28 oct 2014 in Vardhman, Bathinda.
4. Organized an industrial visit on 27 Feb 2016 in Superfine Knitters, Ludhiana.
1. Organized Educational tour to Delhi and Agra to visit Musiam and Research on Muglas, in Oct 2013.
2. Organized Educational tour to Anandpur sahib and Naina Devi in 4-6Nov. 2016.
Achievements by the Students
Special award or achievement by the students:
Ms Ramanpreet kaur First in Pakhi designing competition at zonal youth festival in 2014-15.
Ms Jyoti kaur first in Phulkari competition at zonal youth festival in 2014-15.
Ms Minakshi rani Third in Cross stich competition at zonal youth festival in 2014-15.
Ms Ramanpreet kaur Second in Pakhi designing competition at interzonal youth festival in 2014-15.
Ms Jyoti kaur first in Phulkari competition at interzonal youth festival in 2014-15.
|1.||Parminder Kaur||B.sc 3rd sem||14040843||Dec 2015||4th|
|2.||Ravneet Kaur||PGDFD 1st sem||31979||Dec 2015||2nd|
|3.||Samandeep Kaur||B.sc 2nd sem||15041906||May 2016||5th|
|4.||Charanjeet Kaur||B.sc 2nd sem||15041883||May 2016||8th|
|5.||Parminder Kaur||B.sc 4th sem||14040843||May 2016||10th|
|6.||Sapinder Kaur||B.sc 3rd Year||971||May 2016||3rd|
|7.||Ravneet Kaur||PGDFD 2ND SEM||31979||May 2016||1st|
|8.||Kiranjeet Kaur||PGDFD 2ND SEM||31974||May 2016||2nd|