Objectives of Star College Scheme
The objectives of the DBT Star College scheme are as follows:
- To strengthen the academic and physical infrastructure for achieving excellence in teaching and training
- To enhance the quality of the learning and teaching process to stimulate original thinking through ‘hands–on’ exposure to experimental work and participation in summer schools
- To provide better library facility to students and teachers
- To promote networking and strengthen ties with neighbouring institutions and other laboratories
- To conduct specialized training programmes for faculty improvement for optimizing technical capabilities
- To increase capabilities of core instrumentation resources by procuring new equipment and upgrading existing facilities
- To provide access and exposure to students to research laboratories and industries in the country.
- To help in devising standard curricula and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) / kits for practicals.