Department: Basic Sciences
he postgraduate program in Physics i.e. M.Sc. Physics is a two-year course.
- B. Sc. Hons. examination of the Panjab University in the subject of M. Sc. Course.
- B. Sc. Examination of the Panjab University or any other University recognized by Syndicate securing at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) and with Physics & Mathematics.
- The main objective of the course is to reveal the mathematical beauty of the universe at scales ranging from subatomic to cosmological level.
- This course enables students to solve any complex problem that are valuable in areas even beyond physics.
- To provide access and exposure to students in laboratories and different industries.
- The majors in physics give students a strong quantitative background that can be applied in any technical field.
Careers could include:
- Online tutor
- College lecturer
- Assistant Professor
- Observation Scientist
- Laboratory Technician
- School Science Technician or Research Analyst
- Assistant Scientist
- Physics Training Manager
- Network Administrator
- IT Consultant
- Security Expert
- Systems Support Administrator
- Interface Engineer
- Jobs in Aerospace and Defence, Automobile, IT and Software, Railways, Nuclear and Renewable energy, Oil and Gas, Electronics and Telecommunications and the Manufacturing sector.
M.Sc. Physics-I- Rs. 45425/-
M.Sc. Physics-II- Rs. 45175/-
Program Highlights :
|M.Sc. Ist Semester||M.Sc. 2nd Semester|
|PHY8011 Mathematical Physics||PHY8021 Mathematical Physics II|
|PHY8012 Statistical Physics||PHY8022 Statistical Mechanics|
|PHY8013 Quantum Mechanics I||PHY8023 Classical Electrodynamics I|
|PHY8014 Electronics I||PHY8024 Electronics II|
|PHY8015 Physics Laboratory I||PHY8025 Physics Laboratory II|
|PHY8016 Computational Physics I||PHY8026 Computational Physics II|
|M.Sc. 3rd Semester||M.Sc. 4th Semester|
|PHY8031 Nuclear Physics I||PHY8041 Experimental Techniques in Physics|
|PHY8032 Particle Physics I||PHY8042 Atomic and Molecular Physics|
|PHY8033 Condensed Matter Physics I||PHY8043 Physics laboratory IV and Project Work|
|PHY 8034 Classical Electrodynamics II||Special Papers(any two of the following)|
|PHY8035 Quantum Mechanics II||PHY8044 Nuclear Physics II|
|PHY8036 Physics Laboratory III and Industrial Visit||PHY8045 Particle Physics II|
|PHY8046 Condensed Matter Physics II|
Dr Anita Rani, Head, Department of Basic Sciences
Contact us at:
Mobile Number: 8968465114, 8556823191
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org