HISTORY AND INTRODUCTION
In the present era of globalization, commerce plays a very significant role. It has a very important role to play in our daily life. The department was established in the college during the session 2008-09. At that time, the courses of Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) was started. Keeping in view the need and interest of the students, the Master of Commerce (M.Com) was also started in the year 2011-12. Since its inception, the department has undertaken a number of activities for the academic and overall development of the students like holding seminars, organizing special lectures of eminent academicians, workshops, talent hunts, mock interviews etc. in the college campus and outbound activities like awareness camps, community welfare programs etc. The department has also arranged visits to industrial areas, banks and financial institutions so as to increase the practical knowledge of the students. The department has well qualified faculty which regularly gets its knowledge updated through reading journals, newspapers, books and by attending seminars and conferences at national and international level. The department is providing every possible support to the students for their growth and development.
VISION AND MISSION
The vision is to create an enlightened and empowered intellectuals committed to serve the society by becoming the harbingers of change and development, while keeping abreast of the competitive global world yet preserving the rich cultural heritage. The Mission is….
- To equip students with technical and managerial skills so that they can shape their career in a planned manner.
- To develop need based intellectual and practical skills.
- To generate employment.
- To disseminate education and help students to discover and tap their fullest potential in order to emerge as responsible and productive citizens.
- E-resources (e-pg pathshala, Swayam etc. )
- Online Video Lectures of faculty and eminent academicians
- Field/Industrial Visits in banks, firms, stock exchanges
- Institutional Visits
Project Based Learning
- Summer internship projects
- Subject specific research projects
- Field based projects
- Role playing
- Case studies
- Ice-Breaking Sessions.
- Power point presentations.
- Special lectures, workshops
- Chalk and Talk Method.
- Question-Answer Method.
- Subject Quiz and Debates.
- Display of Daily news.
- Group discussions on budgets, current issues in the newspapers etc.
- Group Assignments to promote collaborative learning.
- Extra/Remedial classes and Bridge Classes for non-commerce students.
- Study Material through whatsapp groups, facebook group. Also, department library has Book Bank, Question Paper Bank, Notes for UGC-NET and Reference Books for ready reference.
- Stress on more interactive lectures in the class.
- The teachers guide and help the students in preparing articles, case studies and research papers for National Seminars.
- Stress on self learning of Post-Graduate students.
Bachelor of Commerce and Master of Commerce are an attractive programme intended for students keen for jobs and self employment. These programmes help students in opting career in the following fields:
- Companies/Sole Proprietorship
- Taxation Department
- Banking Sector
- Insurance Sector
- Indian Administrative Services
- Indian Economic Services
- Stock Exchanges etc.
|Name of course||No of Seats|
|Short-Term course on “Computerized Accounting Tally ERP.9”||Open|
The department is organizing bridge course in the subject of Accountancy for non-commerce B.Com-Ist Sem students every year. The record of same in the form of attendance has been maintained in a Bridge Course Register.